Buffum Auto Parts had our humble beginning in 1957 when Frank Buffum Sr. opened the doors performing both auto repair and selling a few used parts.
Occasionally as time passed some of our customers would desire to leave a junk car, to which we obliged. Before we knew it the used auto parts portion of the business had began to grow and business was increasing.
Then later during the year 1985, Frank Buffum Jr. joined the business at the age of 16 working full-time with his dad. Today Frank Sr. remains an active part of Buffum Auto Parts, which is currently run as a father and son team. Moving ahead to approximately 1998, as our business continued to evolve, the repair portion of Buffum Auto Parts began giving way to the emerging scrap metal market. A new direction that was to become what is now the larger portion of our business.
Today Frank Buffum Jr. speaks of his vision to continue growing and improving Buffum Auto Parts with an eye to both future automation, and increasing their number of employees. Our goal however is to exercise wisdom in not growing to fast, and avoiding debt.